Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Two-thousand thirteen

So, here we are, at the dawn of a new year...again.  This is an inevitable day which occurs every year. A day filled with promise, hope, new beginnings, resolutions, etc.  Last year I was sure that by this time I would be at my goal weight.  I was sure of it! But I allowed life to get in my way.  Last year, as this year, I went through a VERY bad depression which ended up turning into a small family crisis. But, things turned around...Andy got a full-time job, we were able to move out on our own, and although things were hard, it was starting to go uphill.  Then the low-blood pressure thing crept in (remember that?) and between that and then the problems with the house that caused us to have to move, we're here.  Now I am dealing with what I have self-diagnosed as an inflamed esophagus.  When I eat or drink, it feels like something is lodged in my throat or in my chest.  Very uncomfortable.  I've been researching things that are safe to eat and am experimenting.  Right now it looks like oatmeal, rice, bread, apples, bananas, low-acid foods are not going to irritate it and are what are on my menu.  That means giving up coffee.  Yes, I know...and today I did fall off the wagon and had a cup of very weak instant...but it hurt so I know I need to lay off it for a while.  So, bland it is.  Maybe my stomach will shrink and I won't get so hungry. I know these are excuses and that other people have lost weight despite much worse than this and I can beat myself up about it but why? What good does that do? All I can do at this point is move forward.

I have, yet again set a goal date for my weight loss: August 31, 2013.  After my 37th birthday and our 17th wedding anniversary.  Maybe I'll try to get there a bit before then.

Monday I will start doing Chalean Extreme again, since a lot of activity makes me feel sick with this esophagus thing going on.   I will do walking for my cardio days. 

Here's to a better, more productive year.  May everyone reach their goals and then some!!
Love and hugs,
Dee

0 comments: