Monday, February 18, 2013

Vacation Time...

Hi everybody! I hope today's post finds everyone happy and healthy and having had a great weekend! We went on vacation Thursday to Atlanta.  Sydney had a concert to go to and so we decided to stay over and make it a vacation.  We had a really good time. I packed for success and brought my Shakeology and coconut milk, my blender and my Turbo Fire DVD's.  I even brought a small DVD player. Although we had fun, it wasn't without a fair share of hangups.  I'll give you the deets down here with the numbers.

Thursday:
Burned:  2447/2500
Eaten: 1492/1500
Deficit: 955/1000
Workout: Core 20
Water: 40 oz
Water was a big hangup on the trip.  I didn't pack any drinking water, figuring we'd go to a store and pick up a gallon or two.  Big mistake. Didn't see any grocery stores near our hotel and we got busy and didn't have a chance to stop afterward.

Friday:
Burned: 3144/2500
Eaten: 2695/1500
Deficit: 449/1000
Workout: Fire 45ez
Water: 40oz
Friday the hotel had a HUGE continental breakfast, I mean it had everything: danishes, muffins, waffles, omlettes, cereals, bacon, etc.  But I stuck to my oatmeal and mixed in some slivered almonds and dried cranberries.  Had a glass of water to go with it and I felt good.  Did my workout, went and swam with the kids in the pool, walked around IKEA for a couple hours and while there could just feel my blood pressure plummet.  By the end I couldn't hold my own head up.  We came back to the hotel and I took like a 3 hour nap.  Friday, eating was my nemisis.  First we went to IKEA and had lunch before shopping.  Well, we got the cinammon rolls and I looked on the box and it said 170 calories...not too bad.  It was only after eating it that I re-read the box and the serving size is HALF a roll.  OOPS! Okay...not tragic or anything....the tragedy happens when we go to dinner.  Bailey is begging for pizza and we found a Mellow Mushroom.  Wow their pizzas are top-notch.  We got a medium, and well, pizza IS my weakness.  As you can see I really overdid it. 

Saturday:
Burned: 2005/2500
Eaten: 1035/1500
Deficit: 970/1000
Water: 20 oz
Workout: NONE
Okay...so I get up have my healthy breakfast downstairs again.  We come up and get packed and leave the hotel...go to the mall for some shopping.  I'm in Claire's with the girls and I start feeling this BURNING in my chest...wow it was really bad.  I took the little kids to Daddy and left Sydney in Claire's because I had to go sit down on the bench.  We get to the car and I'm scrambling around for a plastic bag to hurl in.  I'm throwing up on the way home.  It's bad.  By the time I get home I'm done for.  The crappy thing is the kids are all sick too and I don't know if the problem I had was related to my stomach illness and the pizza or what they have. 

Sunday:
Burned: 1759/2500
Eaten: 1502/1500
Deficit: 257/1000
Workout: REST DAY
Water: 40oz
I felt like crap all day.  I got up and took some generic Thera Flu because of sore throat and body aches and man that stuff knocked me out.  I went back to bed and slept until 1:30! That deep dead person sleep.  Not fun.  I was out of it the rest of the day.

So...as this very long post shows...yes I mess up.  I guess the only good thing is that it has been a while since I've messed up this bad.  I used to do this quite often then wonder why I wasn't losing weight.  I put on 2 lbs of water weight this weekend...my rings are super tight.  Oh well.  Today I'm back on track...got my workout schedule all rearranged to make up for lost days and am drinking water like it's my job.  I'm feeling better today other than some congestion. All I can do is get up, dust off and keep on going.

Love and hugs,
Dee

0 comments: