Friday, January 6, 2012

Thursday

I started out feling okay yesterday except for a little pain in my hip area. I think when I lifted Bailey's winter bed up to put it away I must have pulled something in my lower back because I've had pain in it ever since.  I didn't feel anything at the time, but I did about an hour later.  That's the only thing I can think of that I might have done.
Okay. I guess I gotta explain what Bailey's winter bed is.  During the winter, her bedroom is way too cold.  She has a space heater but it's on the same circuit as the central house heater, so when someone turns on the central heat, it blows the circuit if her heater is running.  So instead of trying to figure it out, we put a twin mattress on the floor in our bedroom and then run the space heater in our bedroom on a timer.  Don doesn't put the heater on at night, but usually turns in on at some point in the morning when he wakes up if he's cold.  So we have our heater set to be on for 4 hours at night and then we can all be warm.  Bryson also sleeps in our bed so that he can be warm.  Sydney has her own space heater which is on a seperate circuit so she can run it when she goes to bed.

Back to the weight loss stuff:
Burned: 2660/2750
Eaten: 1620/1600
Deficit: 1040/1150
Workout: None due to injury
Weight: 197.0

So I guess the 2 days I went over my calorie deficit is helping me this week.  I did gain some weight, but I know the risks in weighing in on a daily basis.  Weight fluctuates because of different factors.  Yesterday I drank very little until just before bed when I tried to make up for it and downed 25oz of water.  Despite my back pain, I was able to take the kids to the park and the library and also do my weekly grocery shopping at Walmart with all 3 of them and finish my whole to-do list which included cleaning my bathroom and doing laundy.  Not an easy task especially in pain, but life doesn't stop because I'm hurting.