Thursday, April 23, 2015

INTERMITTENT FASTING

So I have decided to start Intermittent fasting again. The protocol I am following is 16/8...which means 16 hours of my day are spent fasting and I eat within an 8 hour window.

WHY??????????

Well, I've been progressively lowering my calorie intake and upping my expenditure...until the numbers are exhausting to try to attain to, then after all that effort, the next day I had to get up and do it all again. I was burnt out! And guess what...NO RESULTS! In fact, I have been slowly gaining weight. Do you have any idea how frustrating that is??? VERY. I was pretty much ready to say forget it...I'll just stay this weight.

My BFF suggested I listen to a podcast by Chalene Johnson (The Chalene Show - it's on iTunes for Apple peeps and for us Androids you can use Podcast Addict, a free app from the Play Store) all about intermittent fasting with Dr. Sara Solomon. Her website is www.drsarasolomon.com. She was a bodybuilder who was in competitions, but who hit a wall with how low she could take her calories and how much exercise she could do...she was working out 2-3 hours per day and had stopped losing fat.  HMMMMMMM....I wasn't doing that much exercise because I couldn't stand it...I have a life ya know!!!

So this is my experiment and hopefully my success with Intermittent Fasting (IF).

We'll see......

0 comments: